QUICK RESPONSE QUALITY CONTROL
The majority of companies that work with us quickly adopt the methodology of Daily Report-Outs and realize huge gains in productivity and quick resolution of daily Disturbances to Flow. For those organizations that use portable double sided boards we encourage them to use the back side for A3 methodologies. Turns out we are actually coaching folks to use the QRQC methodology.
For those using the Daily Report-Out methodology the following information will serve as a methodology enhancer, while for others it may encourage you to adopt a better methodology of communication and problem solving … enjoy !!
QRQC is based on "San Gen Shugi". What is "San Gen Shugi"?
San Gen Shugi is a Japanese expression meaning "the three reals":
* Gen-ba: the real place
* Gen-butsu: the real part
* Gen-jitsu: reality
How does one achieve success? By applying QRQC principles in the field each day, and by learning from experience in the field: NO IMAGINATION, JUST FACTS.
QRQC : A powerful problem-solving process
Have you ever been faced with problems you thought had been dealt with and that reoccur causing even greater damage or exasperation than the first time?
QRQC is described as a quick and comprehensive problem-solving process for the industrial and services sectors that ensures problems do not reoccur while at the same time establishing dynamics of continuous improvement and modifying management culture.
The power of QRQC is that it can reduce the number of problems by between 50 and 80% in just a few months.
It can be applied to all sorts of problems for their permanent elimination: quality, production/operations, maintenance…
However QRQC is not simply a tool or method, it is also a mindset, a management culture and an attitude.
• Only use the real facts and data gathered in the workplace, avoid assumptions
• Everyday Improvement
• Deploy immediately what can be deployed without waiting for the perfect solution
• Think logically, be thorough and rigorous
• Manager must coach his team on the methodology
• Manage from the workplace and not from the office (= go and see what is happening in the workplace)
• Attack the processes to make them more robust rather than putting pressure on individuals
• Problems = opportunities for improvement, they must be identified
• Get to the core of the problem before deciding what action to take
• Do not blame the operator for the problem. Try and determine what part of the process led to the mistake
QRQC is based on 6 principles:
• Real Place : Go out and see where the problems are occurring (rather than in the meeting room)
• Real Part or Case/File : Analyze the parts (good and bad) or case / file directly (no assumptions), looking at it
• Real Data: Use available data and facts. No assumptions and compare to standards
• Quick Response : Give quick responses and implement immediately containment action (the same day) or within the next two weeks (countermeasures)
• Think Logically : Logical and structured thinking helps find root causes by bypassing assumed causes and getting directly to the actual causes
QRQC includes certain tools that give its true power:
• Description of the problem with the 5WH approach, is/is not analysis, available data, … to guarantee a 50% problem-solving success rate.
• Ishikawa or 6M model to focus brainstorming on the potential causes of the problem, then the validation of the potential causes as acknowledged causes through a system of logical reasoning.
• Factor Tree Analysis is similar to the above but even more powerful as it compares the reality with the standard and challenges the relevance of the standard to improve it.
• The 5 Whys determine the causes by validating each Why one after the other in the workplace to get to the root cause and eliminate it.
• Standards and countermeasures that can eliminate the root cause of the problem